Marketing research indicates 72 percent of consumers visited a store within a five-mile area after doing a local search. This makes optimizing your business’s website local SEO even more important.
But what is local SEO? What value does it hold for your bottom line? And how can you use it?
What is Local SEO?
Local search engine optimization, or local SEO, is one of the most effective small business marketing strategies. Local SEO refers to boosting your site’s rankings in search engine results that relate to the geographic area of your business. If your store is in a neighborhood in Tampa, then your digital marketing agency will optimize your website for that city.
Digital marketers harness local traffic, which are search queries that include the name of your city or neighborhood. Local traffic also relies on search terms that include phrases such as “near me,” “nearby,” and “in my area.”
Search engines like Google use your digital footprints and data to pinpoint your business’s location. When users look up local businesses or services, search engines rank them on the results page according to a set of metrics. Local SEO is about implementing changes on your site that meet these metrics so that your business appears at the top of the results page.
Why is Local Traffic Valuable?
Local traffic is significant because online users rely on search engine results to look up businesses to patronize. Approximately 28 percent of local searches lead to purchases by online users. When you partner with a local digital marketing agency, you create more awareness of your business and attract more customers because of local traffic.
How to Boost Local Traffic
Expert marketing agencies offer professional local SEO services, but there are a few things you can do on your own to boost local traffic to your site.
- Use local directories and online databases to ensure search engines and users know the location of your business. This also increases your digital connections to your area.
- Insert links to local sites to your own, like a link to a local newspaper or a university website. The more relevant the link is to your business, the better. For example, a link to an article about your business has more use than a generic link.
- Make content that refers to or uses local information. Examples include blog posts about local activities and updates on events that happened around your community.
- Organically include the name of your city or town on your website. This immediately tells visitors and search engines where your business is located.
- Register your business on listings, like Google My Business or Apple Maps.
These are only a few simple methods to improve your local SEO on your own. More advanced strategies can massively increase local traffic. Your business can reap the benefits of these strategies when you partner with a professional full-service digital marketing agency.
Gain Competitive Edge with Full-Service Digital Marketing
Your Preferred Agency is a full-service digital marketing based in Tampa, Florida. We work with small to medium-sized businesses and offer them the modern marketing strategies they need to blow the competition away. When you partner with us, you can also enjoy the benefits of digital marketing and increase your online visibility. Schedule a free strategy meeting with us today and begin modernizing your approach to marketing.